Tuesday 26 July 2011

Day 1

 Rode as fast as I dared through Denmark, and started to get some rain half way. After about 30km I pulled over and put on my rain jacket (which by the way was meant to walk the dog with, not drive in rain).

Why did I go in leathers when I have Gore-Tex gear ??
Here I'm at Rödby waiting to be let on board the ferry

First meal of the day, sandwich and a mouthfull of water. Gotta go in the tax-free store and get something for little Eva which probably expects something FUN after the 1kg lollipop from last time. I was soaked. It felt like I pissed in my pants, but I hoped my ass would dry in Germany. Literally..

The Autobahn sucked ass as usual. Roadwork everywhere, caravans, everyone is on the move, and the average speed is about 60 km/h.
Of course, I didn't have any € with me, so I had to pee in the bushes.

Met some handy guy who converted his ZZR1400 into a 3-wheeler, what a nice piece !. This was the second food, gas, water and nicotine stop. Another Red Bull, and back in the saddle. No time to waste here.

I eventually reached Wurzburg, and the last 200 km were done in the true autobahn style , with a 190 km/h average speed. My ass was hurting so I was sitting sideways for a couple of minutes at a time, my neck muscles were in pain, so I rested my elbows against my knees, and I felt like I was in that game, Wipeout. Strange feeling. Good thing almost noone was in my way the last bit.

I finally arrived and was greeted with cold beer, shots, and more cigarettes. The greetings went on till the morning hours .. I woke up some time in the morning, in panic, didn't know where I was, and had to pee. I saw absolutely nothing, I was BLIND. Or something. I fumbled several times around the room trying to find the door, and finally found it, just to enter a pitch black corridor with more doors. It seemed like forever, but I finally found the toilet ..

Day two I rested my ass and put my mouth to work. I sampled the fine bavarian cuisine and brews untill nightfall, and added a mix of Linux, Iphone hacking and cheap talk.


No comments:

Post a Comment