Tuesday 26 July 2011

Day 3

Full of expectation, I took off early from Wurzburg, and headed to Schaffhausen, the border with Switzerland. I found another stretch of crappy Autobahn, with those bumps coming every 5 meters or so, so everything was shaking. I didn't even have to breathe, the shaking pushed the air in and out of my lungs. Funny feeling. Next time I'm taking the Autozug, for sure.
I got to Geneva exactly on time. Even though I respected the speed limit (which I usually don't) the average speed was way higher than in Germany. The picture above shows the Lake Geneva promenade. I took some pictures, then laid down on the lawn to wait for my friends from France to arrive. 
I probably saw over 20 supercars go by in an hour on this road. 
Leaned against the fence, I took off my boots and let my socks dry. The weather was warm, dry, and summery. Exactly what I needed, some relaxation, some soaking in the summer which I almost never get to do back home in Sweden.

Time flies, and my friends eventually arrived. So did my friend Dominique, a Genevan by now, and our host for the evening. After some logistics we eventually got to sit down and suck on some heinekens, to make up for the lost fluids on the freeway.

No comments:

Post a Comment